Polygraph Interviews and Examinations:
The Centre for Forensic Neuroscience, established in 2002, provides polygraph testing services (often referred to as lie detection) and credibility assessment with the UK’s largest team of dedicated expert examiners, with Dr Keith Ashcroft as the Principal Forensic Polygraph Examiner. Each are established professionals in their own discipline, and are available for instruction in your location (N.B. we do not test in domestic contexts under any circumstances) throughout the United Kingdom, Europe, the Middle East (Dubai) and the rest of the world.
We are members in good standing at the National Polygraph Association (USA), British Polygraph Association, as well as the American Polygraph Association. We have been trained at American Polygraph accredited & British Accreditation Council academies, including advanced training at the Behavioural Measures UK Polygraph Training Centre operated by Behavioral Measures, and also members of the Society of Forensic Interviewers; we are therefore conversant with best practice. As such we are independent, impartial and objective in our professional work.
We specialise in providing specific issue examinations using only accepted protocols and standards in accordance with the American Polygraph Association and ASTM International (committee E52 on Forensic Psychophysiology). We employ strict quality control procedures, as well as using two examiners to confirm results.
Our state-of-the art computerised polygraph systems, such as the Limestone Paragon Acquisition System, have a High Resolution 24 bit Analog to Digital Conversion for superior recording and analysis capability.
Our primary areas of instruction:
- ISSUES OF TRUST SUCH AS INFIDELITY: For resolving relationship difficulties. Ideally these examinations should be carried out only on those who are being seen by a relationship counsellor (or similar therapist).
- SEXUAL ABUSE: Victim and alleged perpetrator testing in those having legal respresentation only.
- EMPLOYEE THEFT: Polygraph testing for private sector employees who are under investigation for allegations relating to economic loss to their employers.
- INSIDER ATTACKS: Prevention, detection and investigations of insider attacks.
- THERAPEUTIC POLYGRAPH: Polygraph used within a therapeutic setting to assist in disclosure, sobriety and relapses in sex addiction; as well as treatment resistance etc.. We work with the Laurel Centre, Leamington Spa which offer proven psycho-educational programmes for the treatment of sex and pornography addiction and support programmes for partners.
- PRE-EMPLOYMENT: We provide polygraph screening testing for Public and Private sector companies, as well as periodic honesty testing, including drug screening.
- PAIRED TESTING (Marin Protocol): Used in situations where one of two opposing witnesses is most likely being deceptive. Effectively used in mediation contexts.
- ASSET FORFEITURE TESTING: For identifying concealed assets.
- EXONERATION: Polygraph testing for those who have been granted leave to Appeal (N.B. ~ in the UK this cannot form the basis of appeal against conviction) (Pro Bono).
- PROFESSIONAL MISCONDUCT: Polygraph testing for those alleging acts of misconduct or accused of same.
- IMMIGRATION, SHAM MARRIAGES AND ASYLUM: Polygraph testing of individuals seeking asylum are used to determine the validity of the claims of the petitioner in immigration cases. The statements of the petitioner requesting asylum can be verified by a polygraph test. The results of the test can assist in making an informed decision with regard to granting or withholding asylum.
- CRIMINAL DEFENCE: Forensic / Criminal matters: such as homicide, sexual violence, theft, fraud, sabotage, and espionage. Allegations of sexual abuse are subject to our enhanced service with two forensic polygraph examiners. CFN provides solicitors and lawyers with an assessment as to the credibility of the defendant and witness in criminal matters.
- POST-CONVICTION SEX OFFENDER POLYGRAPH TESTING: To effectively manage sex offenders in the community.
- INTELLIGENCE VERIFICATION: Polygraph testing to assess the value of critical intelligence sources.
We cover the whole of the United Kingdom, and have a mobile team; our primary office locations are Blackpool, Manchester and London; we use premium serviced offices throughout England, Wales and Scotland. We also have a network of associates in major cities in Germany, as well as operating in the rest of the world.
Main Office Address: Centre for Forensic Neuroscience Ltd., City View, 5 Union Street, Manchester M12 4JD. In Scotland our main office is Suite 2/3 West George Street, Glasgow G2 1BP (which is conveniently located at Buchannan Street Metro).
Call us on: 07790732828